We either have the best idea, or the worst idea, to take our three kids on an upcoming Disney Cruise and be contained with them inside the same tiny space for a week. Like I said, this could be brilliant or dumb – I’ll keep you posted on our analysis. 😉
In the meantime, I’m scheming up all the fun things to pack for a week in the sunshine in the dead of winter. These pasty legs need some sun!
While my kids are LITERALLY outside playing in the snow right now, we’re going to tackle swimsuits and sunglasses while I show you what is in my suitcase for our Disney Cruise to the sun.
Airplane Travel Activities & Tools For Little Kids (To Keep Mama Sane)
This will be to date, our longest flight ever with our kids. We’ve mastered the 2-3 hour flight time with a couple of snacks and a movie. This cross-country trip will test our simple movie and snacks strategy a little more, so I’m coming to the plane with a few more tools in my toolkit. Here’s what I’ve got:
- More movies
- Reusable Water Coloring Books
- More snacks – I even splurged and picked up the Mickey shaped Goldfish crackers #coolestmomever
- Word Searches
- Go Fish, Old Maid, Crazy 8s – heck you can play poker for all I care, just shh and be quiet on the plane. 🙂
- More movies
- Essential Oils
- Not an oiler rep, but Serenity and Lavender will be in my toolkit
Yep, that’s a pretty solid game plan right? I’ve linked everything here for a one stop shop for you, including our favorite brands of each!
Packing Essentials for a Family Disney Cruise
Swimsuits. This can be a subject of much anxiety for many moms (for themselves), but with the trend of one pieces being in, I think there are actually some really good options out there that won’t break the bank. Personally, I have/love this one, and have had my eye on this one.
Disney Gear. I’m never one to pass up a good theme, and Disney is no exception.
- Jammies: for the boys, we’ve got these and for little miss, these.
- T-Shirts: for little miss this one, for the boys, these. Dad isn’t interested in jumping on the Disney bandwagon, but I’ve been eyeing this one since the one I REALLY wanted is sold out. 🙁
- Autograph books: WAY cheaper to buy them ahead of time than buy them there. Confession though: we didn’t actually do autograph books when I went to DisneyLand with my middle guy – how much counseling do you think they’ll need if we skip these? #okayestmomever
- Mickey & Minnie Ears: there are tons of options on Etsy and Amazon. PRO TIP: a lot of people have them already so don’t be afraid to ask a close friend to borrow as well.
Motion Sickness Bands.We haven’t actually tried these yet, but I polled several of my veteran Disney Cruise mom friends, and these are the ones that came back most highly recommended for family members and littles who might have motion sickness sensitivity.
A Good Book. You better believe this mama is checking her kids into the complimentary childcare so that I can put my feet in the sand and enjoy a good book. This is what I’m currently reading, and what I’m planning to pack along as a beach read.
Bedtime Essentials. Sound machines, night lights, stuffies, I even threw these in because mama needs to feel the luxury of Mickey’s ears on my eyes. 😉 (that sounds more awkward than it really is)
Comfy, cozy and ready to schlepp is the name of the game when traveling with kiddos. I pretty much have a standard airport uniform every time I travel with kids, and it goes a little something like this:
Tennis shoes, high rise active leggings, a blousey hi-low cut graphic shirt, a sweatshirt and a jacket. Depending on the season or destination, we’ll throw in thicker socks, a scarf and a hat for my airport mom uniform.
What are the travel essentials you use when traveling with little kids? Share with us below!
For your convenience, don’t forget that I’ve grouped most everything in this post in one place – my Amazon Storefront. Click here and it will take to you my Disney Vacation list along with my Travel Essentials list.
And pin the image below so that you can reference this list for later!